What is Integrative Mental Health?
Integrative mental health is a whole body and mind approach to creating mental wellness. In the current model of healthcare, most practitioners assess and focus on treating just one or two components of health. In the integrative mental healthcare model, together the practitioner and patient develop a plan to balance you as a whole person – physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
This is a part of helping you to restore health and vitality by addressing the cause of symptoms, not just treating symptoms. Utilizing the best of science and nature to help you feel your best, naturally!
People are a lot like flowers — each one unique, beautiful, delicate, yet resilient. And flowers, like humans, reproduce through pollen (i.e., sperm cells in humans) and carpels (i.e., egg cells in humans). In order to pollinate, seed, germinate, and mature into the spectacular miracles we call flowers, many things need to happen and do happen on a daily basis for this to occur. But often they do not.
Think of the flowers we get from a florist, that have been handpicked for an arrangement or bouquet. Or flowers from a thriving garden. These plants are fed, watered, given just enough sunlight, pruned, and kept at the right temperature. And it is true, sometimes, beautiful flowers can grow in the most unexpected places, adapting to their environment. But most, when not in the ideal environment, do not thrive, without the support of some kind.
So we see this in humans as well. There are many factors that create mental wellness or, just like growing a garden, there are factors that can keep you from thriving. It is important to assess and treat all of the “petals of wellness” including:
- Brain Health: including neurotransmitter balance, nutrition, toxins
- Physical Health: including fitness, sleep, hydration, hormonal balance, blood sugar balance, infections, and allergies
- Genetic History
- Spirituality: including sense of purpose or meaning, connection to past and future generations and values
- Current Life Opportunities and Stressors: connection to family, friends, and community; relationship stresses; finances; work; school; current successes and failures; and quality of the environment
- Emotional Health: upbringing and development; thinking patterns; self-concept; body image; past emotional trauma; and grief/loss
When you are out of balance in any of these key areas, health problems and distress can result. In the integrative mental healthcare model together we can assess and develop a plan to balance the individual. Creating total mental wellness works best when the whole person — mind, body, and soul — is being addressed.
Tao offers a highly personalized approach with services tailored to each client’s individual needs to help them attain their goals. These services include Individual, Couples, and Family Counseling.
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Parenting Support
- Grief Counseling
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Addiction & Recovery
- Conflict Resolution
- Depending on a client’s needs, various modalities are used, including
- Advanced Resolution Therapy (A.R.T.)
- Art Therapy
- Psychotherapeutic Reiki
Integrative Mental Health Coaching
- Neurotransmitter Testing and Consultation
- Mental Health Nutrition Consultation and Coaching
- Optimal Brain Health Coaching
Life Purpose/Connection to Spirit Workshops
If you’re looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you’re just ready to move in a new direction in your life, we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
Click on the links below to learn more about our team of integrative mental health practitioners.
Please call (860) 228-1287 to request an appointment for an initial consultation today.